Last update before army, not that these were too frequent anyway.
2,482 – That’s about 159 hours or six and a half days. I did a whole lot of nothing all June which gave me more than enough time to listen to tunes, mostly while playing games.
578 unique artists with the coveted top 5 being:
1. Jeff Williams – 134 plays
2. Sabaton – 107
3. In Flames – 67
4. Arctic Monkeys – 58
5. Anti-Flag – 54
High numbers this month, top spot goes to Jeff Williams thanks to the release of RWBY volume 4 soundtrack which has a couple top tunes and is a great album overall. Sabaton also cracked 100 plays which is impressive, I wanted to prepare for seeing them live and it worked perfectly for memorizing lyrics. I saw them on Thursday (29th) and they were amazing. I also saw Haloo Helsinki, which just missed the list, along with couple other great artists. And since the last three are on the list constantly I’ll instead mention Smokey Joe & The Kid which I discovered recently and really liked, I’m especially liking their song mister nice guy and recommend checking it out.
1,132 different tracks, top 5:
1. Parkway Drive – Vice Grip, 21 plays. Pretty much just a great metal song I was addicted to at the beginning of the month, on June 2nd alone I listened to it six times.
2. Jeff Williams – Let’s Just Live, 20 plays. A highly addictive song that I love, along with the next song this is my current favorite of RWBY v4 soundtrack. That usually changes every couple months after the latest release so we may see more from this soundtrack.
3. Jeff Williams – Armed And Ready, 19 plays. I pretty much just queued these two back to back whenever listening to these, so I’m just going to say that this song too is highly addictive and awesome. Also a great punny name, which I totally missed at first (this won’t make any sense if you haven’t seen the show).
4. Pain – Black Knight Satellite, 15 plays. Another great metal song. This one was described as conspiracy metal when I first heard it and the lyrics definitely back that up. Chalk up another one on the list of genres that should totally be a thing because of one awesome example.
5. Beartooth – In Between, 13 plays. This one has a great and I mean great chorus. Not sure if this counts as metal or rock but who cares, very summery song in my opinion so get it while it’s hot.
5. FamilyJules – Live And Learn, 13 plays. Sonic soundtracks are notoriously good, or at least a meme at the moment so what’s better than an awesome metal cover of an already great song, can’t think of many things personally. Either way Jules shreds some serious shreddage on this shred-fest of a tune, wow that’s a sentence.
I already mentioned Sabaton but I can’t overstate how hyped I was during it. First row is definitely the way to go when injecting metal to your ears. They played White Death, Soldier of Three Armies and Talvisota, their Finland related songs and the crowd was wild, I also have to mention that the intro to Swedish Pagans was indescribably awesome. This further proves to me that Swedish music is the best kind to experience live but if you were unsure about that and have a chance, go for it. Since I already mentioned Smokey Joe & The Kid I’m done for now.