Better late than never, right? Right?
2,271 – which translates to roughly 150 hours or a bit over 6 days. I had plenty of time just to listen to music which of course makes me happy. Now if only I would also write stuff while chilling.
562 different artists – Looks like over 500 is a number that can be expected monthly now, it seems like a lot to me but it’s also really cool. Here’s the top 5
1. Paramore – 93 plays
2. In Flames – 63
3. Arctic Monkeys – 56
4. Logic – 49
5. Anti-Flag – 47
5. FamilyJules – 47
Well this wasn’t even close. Paramore, thanks to their new album and general awesomeness, was my number one band last month. In Flames continue to beat Arctic Monkeys on the list but in fourth we have our first rap artist. I’ve been listening to Logic’s latest album a ton lately and it’s no surprise he’s on the list. A-F and FamilyJules beat some regulars to make the list. I’ve switched from watching Jules’s YouTube videos to listening to them on Spotify and since last.fm only tracks those for me it got him a spot on the list.
1,063 different tracks – surprisingly that’s more than last month.
1. Paramore – Rose-Colored Boy, 33 plays. Where to begin with this song? I love it. Still my favorite song from After Laughter. I’m so glad that Paramore is back, even if they don’t sound like the Paramore I’ve gotten used to listening. I already talked a bit about this in my last blog but the lyrics are oddly relatable, odd in the sense that rather than singing them myself I could imagine people I know saying stuff like that to me.
2. Logic – 1-800-273-8255, 29 plays. This was easily my favorite track from Everybody. The name of the song is the number for national suicide prevention line in the United States and the song deals with some heavy stuff. I thought it was well made, the message is clear but it’s so much more than that as well, meaning you can listen to it just to appreciate the music.
3. Haloo Helsinki – Beibi, 24 plays. Oh look, a Finnish song, that’s a first. Somehow I managed to miss this gem when it was on the radio three(?) years ago. I love the guitar riff, it’s simple and catchy and it compliments the chorus. Also this song is super catchy which is (almost) always a plus.
4. Paramore – Hard Times, 17 plays. Two Paramore songs? Yes, that’s how much I liked the album, this was actually already released in April which got me properly hyped for the album. I’m not sure if I’ve said this enough yet but the album is worth a listen, wait I have said this already? No. Way.
4. FamilyJules – Life Will Change, 17 plays. Yay for video game music! I haven’t heard the original nor have I played Persona 5 but this metal cover by Jules is just incredible shredage (totally a word) for 3 minutes and 26 seconds. This is also the first instrumental song on the list which is an honor (ha, right) I’d expect to be reached by Jules if anyone.
That’s it for the very late month recap, nothing else to add.