Here’s for a more active month of blogging *crosses fingers*. Although I didn’t really update the blog in April, I did listen to a bunch of music.
2,120 – Somewhere around 133 hours or five and a half days. The first half of the month I didn’t listen to as much music but seems like the second half made up for it.
584 different artists – which is the most for a month so far, cool. Once again let’s dive into the top 5.
1. In Flames – 72 plays
2. Arctic Monkeys – 64
3. Jeff Williams – 57
4. A Day to Remember – 45
5. Anti-Flag – 35
The three month (probably a lot longer unrecorded) reign of Arctic Monkeys has seen its end. In Flames takes the top spot, it was a pretty metal heavy month for me, led by the Swedes. Jeff Williams makes a return after not making the cut last time while ADTR is starting a streak. Anti-Flag is one of my all time favorite bands so it’s kind of surprising that this is the first time it has made the list.
I listened to more different songs last month than any other so far this year – 1,022. Interestingly enough there’s a three way tie for the top spot.
1. A Day to Remember – All sings point to Lauderdale, 20 plays. This song was a Spotify suggestion for me in late March and it was my favorite new song to listen to in April, hands down. It has the ADTR energy you’d think it would which results in a mood boosting tune.
1. 30 Seconds to Mars – The Kill, 20 plays. This is a blast from the past, it was actually on the same list of suggestions from Spotify as All sings point to Lauderdale but I was very familiar with this one from (checks Google) 2005. You could say it had been a while, it totally holds up if you’re wondering.
1. Amon Amarth – Twilight of the thunder God, 20 plays. Remember when I said it was a metal heavy month led by Swedes for me? It wasn’t just In Flames, this song is a melodic death metal masterpiece and I can not recommend it enough if you like metal music.
4. Stone Sour – Through Glass, 19 plays. Another song that I had kind of forgotten about. This song was pretty often the last one I listened to each day because it felt fitting so often. I recommend singing along to this one because it’s both doable and a ton of fun.
5. 3 Doors Down – Believer, 17 plays. This one is pretty much just a fun rock song with a great riff that also falls in the category of songs I heard a long time ago, it seems like that kind of a month. It’s also less than three minutes which makes it very replayable.
5. Owl City – Rugs from me to you, 17 plays. Did I say that a less than three minute song was replayable? How about a song less than 90 seconds? I’ll answer that myself: you won’t realize how many times you can listen to this in a row just to enjoy the cleverly punny lyrics coupled with upbeat tunes.
Other random stuff
The number of plays for the top songs and artists were lower than before which was due to the larger number of different artists/songs than usual, I’m a fan of variety so I like that. I started tracking what I listen to on Spotify via Last.fm on December 16th last year, I passed 1000 different artists recently (last week I believe) which, being someone who likes milestones, I thought was really cool.